Bill's Comments

I am here to post my useless knowledge and rant on topics. Please join in.

Name:
Location: Courtice, Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Larry King Award Winner for March 7th and 14th The Sport Of Baseball

Well last week on Monday, I was going to deliver the award to Barry Bonds, however as I saw congress calling people to the stand I held off my post. After watching the festivities there was no question in my mind, that Baseball desrves the Larry King Trophy for two straight weeks. Congratulations.

First off let me start with my feelings on what I consider a hobby, not a sport. I know a lot of Americans, and even Canadians kick around hockey. They do it I believe for two reasons, Americans don't understand it, and Canadians love the sport. I have never understood how baseball escapes scrutiny, I mean the thing is not even a sport. Do you need to be an athlete to be in Baseball? No! I know baseball fans will talk about the need for speed, and such but that is poppycock. What does a centerfielder get? Max 5 balls hit to him in a game. WOW! And if you need to be an athlete please explain David Wells, Mike Piazza, Carlos Delgado, etc to me. I mean they are slower then Micheal Jackson trying to get to court on time. What about the physical nature of Baseball? LOL, The only time a guy gets hit is when he runs into a teamate chasing a ball. I also remember the time Al Leiter missed 2 years due to a Blister. I mean a blister for gods sake. If that ain't tough I don't know what is. Is Baseball a team game? NO. Baseball is a one on one individual competition of one person who can throw a ball fast and another who can hit a ball that is going fast, nothing more, nothing less. There is another game that is an individual competetion with 2 people who have a skill, its called billiards, and I for one don't call that a sport. If the Toronto Blue Jays for example throw out Roy Halladay and he gives up two hits, strikes out 15, and gives up 0 runs, does a Frank Catalanto help out? No! Baseball depends on individuals not teams. I also can't think of a worse hooby to watch then baseball. I mean if the thing got any more boring, I would be praying for the return of The Beachcombers! What happens Pitcher throws ball, catcher catches it, its called a strike or ball, wait 30 seconds, do again! Once in a while batter hits it, if it goes in play 2 seconds of excitement, if not in play go back to beginning. Wow earth shattering. Then the fun begins when they change the pitcher, Manager who usually is older then dirt takes 3 minutes to walk to mound, takes ball from pitcher, signals to bullpen, a man usually out of shape takes 5 minutes to walk to mound, unless John Rocker, takes ball from manager, throws 20 practice pitches which takes 10 minutes, go back to start. What an exciting game, no onder you need a full 24 pack to watch a game.

Enough of my rant on this hobby, Let's look at the economics of Baseball. Do the Kansas City Royals have a hope in hell of making the playoffs? No. Wow I wish I was a Royals fan, must be exciting to know my teams has no shot. Why do they not have a shot? Because Baseball doesn't control its teams spending. For instance I will wager a lot of dollars that either the Yankees, or Red Sox get to the World Series, Why? Because they bought there talent, they have more money. Simply put you can eliminate 20 teams before the start of the season. What other sport can you say that too? This is why I hope hockey gets there salary cap in.

Now lets look at the controversy of steroids. I will go out on a huge limb here and say Barry Bonds takes steroids. Wow no one knows that do they. But baseball and its fans still will not come out and say it. It's a joke. McGwire took steroids, so did Sosa, and Brady Anderson, Giambi admitted it, Canseco did too. Baseball and its record are built on Cheating. How does a Brady Anderson go from averaging 16 home runs a season to hitting 50? How does Barry Bbonds go from a skinny kid, to a built machine? No one in the American media will come out and say the facts. Bonds personal trainer developed Balco, a lab on trial for developiing steroids. Bonds is apparently such a health nut, and you want to tell me he had no idea what he took. I mean it is laughable, but ugh oh Bonds pulls out the race card when questioned, oh we need to back off! Barry Bonds is on juice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough said even if baseball it's officials and the media won't say it. It's true. I also find it funny that baseball takes Pete Rose a gambler to task and won't put him in the Hall of Fame, but accepts and promotes using illegal drugs to break records. A sport? Yeah right.

In summation

Baseball is a boring hobby, played by cheaters, and run by criminals. If no one else will get on baseballs case I will. Baseball and all its hypocrites, come on up and accept the Larry King Trophy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home